Monday, September 26, 2016

Strong camp helps Alexandre Fortin earn 3-year deal with Blackhawks

Alexandre Fortin Jersey

Even when he was bypassed in two consecutive projects in the NHL, Alexandre Fortin Jersey never wavered in his belief that he could play professional hockey.

On Sunday, this belief became reality when the Blackhawks signed the 19-year-old forward from Laval, Quebec, to a three-year entry-level contract.

"I have to thank the Chicago Blackhawks - this is the first team that really believed in me, it's great," said Fortin. "I know what I can do on the ice."

He said not to be written was "mentally difficult, but ... I know what I'm capable of, so I showed."

After Fortin scored 19 goals and added 24 assists in 54 regular season games with Rouyn-Noranda of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League last season, the Hawks invited free agent prospect camp, where it is fairly skill to be added to the training camp of the alignment.

"I wanted to come here and prove who I am," he said. "I was always rather low profile and now I have what I wanted and it's perfect."

"He got a contract," said Hawks assistant coach Mike Kitchen. "From the beginning, he stepped up and played. He has been very consistent in all scrimmage (and) it was a threat to score. I think he did a great job (and) it is ideal for 'organization."

Due to age restrictions, if Fortin does not make the Hawks list - and it is more than likely it will not - it will return to the QMJHL for further development.

"I like his willingness to learn," said assistant coach Kevin Dineen. "He is an intelligent brain child with a beautiful offensive skill set that he was able to show here at the beginning. It is off to a real good start and he worked his way to try to find a place in one of our exhibition games. "


With the problems of the salary cap, the Hawks are always looking for good talent agent free market and hope to continue with the success they achieved when they signed Artemi Panarin KHL before last season and winger continued to capture the Calder trophy as the NHL rookie of the year.

Looking sharp: Defenseman Duncan Keith practiced Sunday the second time the veteran took the ice in the camp while he continues to rehab from a knee injury that prevented him from playing in the Cup hockey world.

"(Sunday) was a little more difficult for defenders day - we were asking a lot of them," said the kitchen. "There was a lot of one-on-ones, two of those, two against two. He reacted well afterwards. He even asked if he could come to another practice, but we said no. "

No comments:

Post a Comment